Stern

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • March 24, 2016 at 1:53 pm #1728

Stern looks up forearms still resting on his knees.

“Oh Hello old man, I didn’t hear you come in. I am just lost in thought, there are still many things to do around here and lucky for us there are many idle hands to help in that matter. Say, I have been gone for a bit, before I left remember the incident with the boys sneaking off to the tavern and that devil Grey and I discovered? Have there been any other occurrences or other similar incidents happening around here? These spirit folk intrigue me just a tad.”

March 25, 2016 at 5:50 pm #1734

Bad mojo those one’s. I’ve lived in Fanlu since I was a boy, nearly 70 years, and there kind have always been lurking around the edges. They are not all bad, but they have bad blood, and eventually they can’t help but cause trouble, and it’s always someone who ends up driving them off. Sometimes it’s the Nightwatchman, sometimes It’s the Monks of the shadow, sometimes it’s the brotherhood, and sometimes it’s just the common people getting together with torches and pitchforks…

The old man smiles and takes a long puff from a smoking pipe, seeming to enjoy some private memory for a second

This time, It was the Fishermen that drove them off. I didn’t see anything close to us, but there were several brawls around town before it was all settled. A real rough group of spirit bloods, called themselves The Black Vines, they started shaking people down while you were away. But then the Fishermen showed up, and it was over in a few weeks. Reckon they’ll be back eventually though, that’s just how it goes.

March 26, 2016 at 3:15 pm #1747

What of the boys? Have they been drawing interest on things happening About? Any of them stand out to you?
    I am sending word back to my order to request they send some missionaries and a priest to help out here and teach the boys the full meaning of croms grace.

March 26, 2016 at 9:19 pm #1748

Oh the boys are a buzz with curiosity and rumors about the fighting. They hardly have anything else on their minds. They’ve been making plans all on their own as to how they would defend this place if it was attacked by a gang of spirit bloods.

I’ve kept them inside, off the streets, and busy, even more so than usual. Seems things are fine now, but for a while it was looking like things might get rough.

It will be nice to have some more help about.

April 7, 2016 at 2:55 pm #1775

“Its is nice to know the boys have someone to look after them as you have, I do not seek to replace you mind you, more to provide teaching of Krom and the martial ways of my order. I feel this part of town is left to fend for itself and that is where we will stand up against the things that go bump in the night.
    Tell me old man are there any pupils that stand out above the rest?”

April 24, 2016 at 9:56 am #1781

“Well it is good to hear you do not wish to replace me. I don’t know what else I would do if I did not have this place to haunt. Even if you wish to train them as warriors, they will still need to learn good manners, how to read and write characters, how to add simple numbers, the history of their realm… I can teach them such things. You know, when I was young I was a known historian at the academy of Hing Lu Tu up in Barter Town. Did much research on the Shinto Dynasty, especially the time as it was ending, but before the high clans and the great temples of Yun Shan established the current way of things as the Ten Order Dynasty. It is surprising how little was known about that time, so for awhile I was the man to speak to on it, an authority as they say.

Believe it or not, but there was a time in my youthful forties when I would pay men like you handsomely to pillage books and scrolls from old ruins. That was a long time ago…

I have already begun to catalog the talents and character flaws of our young here, seemed a prudent thing to do. It will be little trouble for me to collate a report of sorts for your review. I will start on that tomorrow, and if you can keep the kids busy at work, I will finish before sundown.

I must put in master Stern, is there anything else you wish before I take my leave?”

May 23, 2016 at 3:26 pm #1791

Stern bids the old man good night.
    Many thoughts pass through his mind. Needing time to think he desides to head out for a night stroll, check the streets, make his presence known to those who would dare to cause trouble in the streets.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.