Six Months Gone By.

Forums Adventures Between Adventures Six Months Gone By.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • May 25, 2016 at 1:32 pm #1798

“Curious, Obviously the symbol is that of Krom, that I have no doubt.

Stern pulls out his own holy symbol..

“I have sent word to my order in these past months to send missionaries my way to help with the orphanage and such. I dont find it to Coincidental. However this I am sure you know I connot ignore.”

Stern looks to Grey and his comrades for assurance.

May 25, 2016 at 5:05 pm #1799

“Exactly,” Grey says snapping his fingers and smiling,“Thus did i take upon myself to test the authenticity of this story. By dispatching one of My Black Jackets to check the veracity of this story, this village near the Ji Jiang shrine and find out has much as She could about this man in the clearing. This could at worst be a trap, a diversion, or just a hoax. Which is not to say that this might be not be the real deal.” Grey puts his hand out to encompass the room “You have lived here in Yun Shan long enough to know that simply strange things happen.”
    Grey pulls his hands back resting them one atop the other on his desk,
    “There are, however, a few t hings that bother me about this. First and foremost one of My own has not returned. Not usually something for alarm given the world we live in but still I personally sent Chayn for a reason and she has not made contact or returned, I am responsible. I would know here fate.” Leaning back in his chair Grey finishes “Second, Yes, it is know that you have sent for assistance from the followers of Krom in the south.” Grey purposefully repeats himself “In the south.”Leaning forward to regard Stern.“This strange occurrence is North and east of us. Closer to the heart of Yun Shan and correspondingly further from the influence of foreign gods. Thus making this event even less credible or even more portentous depending on your view.”

May 25, 2016 at 5:23 pm #1800

“It is a hike, but nothing for your agents, No word back at all only means she is incapable for one reason or another, this alone means we need to investigate it ourselves.”

May 26, 2016 at 9:00 am #1801

“If it is indeed seven or eight days travel each way, and two weeks since dispatching her… it is hardly time to be worried yet, is it?” Hroth asks, pouring another drink and looking to them questioningly.

May 26, 2016 at 11:55 am #1802

“Indeed, However she has capabilities to reach out to grey and had set times to check in and that didnt happen that is what the concern is about”

May 26, 2016 at 1:23 pm #1803

You are correct Hroth, had she traveled normally, like we do. Then there would be no cause for alarm,yet.

Sternis also correct anf has a good grasp of things in this instance.
    I am concerned for her safety.

May 26, 2016 at 1:56 pm #1804

“Very well,” Hroth says with another sip of aged whiskey. “Then your concern is also mine. I will follow anywhere you lead.” He nods to them with another long sip.

May 26, 2016 at 3:29 pm #1805

So lets piece this together a bit more we have the facts:
    Blazing Battle axe in the sky, and on the unknown mans chest.
    Man vanishes but no harm to the messenger.
    Messenger stalks myself in market yet doesn’t make himself known until he is caught.
    Messenger seems sincere in his story.
    Bad ass grey agent goes to investigate and doesn’t check in at given times and has yet to return.

Grey you feel certain this messenger was telling the truth and no sense of coercion?

May 26, 2016 at 3:36 pm #1806

Brother Tak was honest.
    No signs of coercion.
    If anything he was just in awe of what he saw that night, then seeing the same symbol on your robes. Recall that many of your southern gods are unheard of here. So that flaming axe just plain freaked him out.
    As for Chayne(chain) well…

May 26, 2016 at 4:43 pm #1807

“Makes sense, then we know what we must do then… what do we know about this path to the city?”

May 26, 2016 at 5:11 pm #1808

Grey holds up his hands, counting out the days on his slim fingers,
    An easy Seven days away, three north and four east.
    From Fan Lu up to The Former Fire pine Pagoda, i am sure you all remember that momentous place.
    From the Fire Pine to the Four Warlords ruin is another day, after the ruins we stay on the white road of only about a half a day before we turn east and across to the town of Injuki. A small settlement.
    After Injuki we continue east to the bustling town of Blue Bayou. A swamp town built on stilts, famous for its parties, jambalaya, a great stone bridge and and its great ferries that take people across the waters north to Barter Town.
    After that though it is two full days and night in the wild before we reach Tsurui village.
    This all of course barring side tracks, weather and other issues that may slow us.

May 26, 2016 at 5:41 pm #1809

“This IS an elaborate trap. If someone wanted to draw us out then they have succeeded. I for one have lost track of too many days in study, and could use an outing with friends, but let us not jest…this is a trap. I always think everything is a trap, that’s why i’m still alive.”

May 26, 2016 at 6:29 pm #1810

That is also why your chronically constipated. Grey jests with a smile.
    be that as it may, I will be going to Tsurui.
    Would any of you care to accompany me?

May 26, 2016 at 6:39 pm #1813

May 26, 2016 at 8:06 pm #1816

After Caris finishes giggling over the exchange between Grey and Grognak and the artfully posted image offered by Stern, she finally speaks up.

“There is something strange here and we should investigate” Looking at Stern she says, “all of this seems related to Krom, but who would want to make a fake event, and an epic one at that? There was no damage done that we know of, yet Grey’s scout is strangely missing… I can understand if Tak was unsure of you.. but you’ve been teaching these kids the way of Krom.. perhaps word has spread? I just don’t know what to make of it other than we need to see what happened to Tak.”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.