Reply To: Stern

Forums Adventures Between Adventures Stern Reply To: Stern

April 24, 2016 at 9:56 am #1781

“Well it is good to hear you do not wish to replace me. I don’t know what else I would do if I did not have this place to haunt. Even if you wish to train them as warriors, they will still need to learn good manners, how to read and write characters, how to add simple numbers, the history of their realm… I can teach them such things. You know, when I was young I was a known historian at the academy of Hing Lu Tu up in Barter Town. Did much research on the Shinto Dynasty, especially the time as it was ending, but before the high clans and the great temples of Yun Shan established the current way of things as the Ten Order Dynasty. It is surprising how little was known about that time, so for awhile I was the man to speak to on it, an authority as they say.

Believe it or not, but there was a time in my youthful forties when I would pay men like you handsomely to pillage books and scrolls from old ruins. That was a long time ago…

I have already begun to catalog the talents and character flaws of our young here, seemed a prudent thing to do. It will be little trouble for me to collate a report of sorts for your review. I will start on that tomorrow, and if you can keep the kids busy at work, I will finish before sundown.

I must put in master Stern, is there anything else you wish before I take my leave?”