In the Mists

Forums In the Mists In the Mists

• This topic has 114 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Grey.
Viewing 10 posts - 106 through 115 (of 115 total)
  • March 5, 2015 at 10:58 am #1394

Your words fall profoundly on the woman, you talk for a long time, and she looks tired, but relieved by the time the talking is through. You bid Lady Mensheng A due, she tearfully thanks you, and you make arrangements to revisit the house and take stock of things soon, right now, you’re very tired but happy. You realize it is not often you are able to perform your duties of ministering. Your new friends rarely ask you for such help, but back in the day, your brothers of Krom, strong warriors who would not shed a tear at a funeral, would come to you broken down, with the things that haunted them, and you would heal there minds just a little, not with magic, but by listening. As you leave the garden to join your friends in the parlor, you quickly glance back to see Lady Mensheng in the garden, kneeling before the statue of Ki Lo Knee.

DM Says: Where to now. I’ll check here at noon to get a consensus among who can say, and then move on.

March 5, 2015 at 11:09 am #1395

I say to evon and then the manor, or Everyone can head back but i think I need to make arrangements through evon for the local guilds

March 5, 2015 at 12:19 pm #1396

Izz:
    Let’s either go to the manor or wrap this thread.

March 5, 2015 at 12:35 pm #1397

I’m good with either. I just want to make sure we’re somewhere in a good starting position to pick it up tomorrow night.

March 5, 2015 at 1:02 pm #1398

Grognak votes for the manor.

March 5, 2015 at 1:29 pm #1399

Jeff this will be what i do for my 30 days

March 5, 2015 at 1:40 pm #1400

BACK TO THE MANOR!!!

March 5, 2015 at 2:08 pm #1401

Ok, To Evon’s to peak in, and then to the manor.

Evon is out, but you’re able to leave him a note before heading out to the manor.

It’s close to noon when you pass through the outer gates of Threnody estate. The people look up from their fields, cast down their tools and run towards the road ahead. By the time you reach the lane of towering trees that leads up to the big house, at least 50 are lined up on the road, looking eagerly towards you all, like a reception. They do not rush forward, or cheer, they wait patiently, smiles on their faces, some with tears in their eyes, standing in humility, in pride for the return of their lord. This is something new, since Littlemountain, they have come to see you differently Grey. Before you were the young Threnody, now you are their lord, and you’ve been gone longer than usual, some may have feared what may have happened to you. These people have worked this valley for more than a century. Without Threnody, they would be like so many other nozufoo, homeless, and cast out on the roads of Yunshan with nothing. Threnody is their home and refuge, their lives, and Grey, as it’s lord, is the embodiment, the personification of all of that hope and meaning.

It is at this moment Grey,you realize the aloofness with which some lords treat their servants does not always come from a place of vanity…all the selfish part of you would like to do is ignore them, come home and collapse in your bed. Whether you ignore these kind farmers and stroll proudly past them, simply tip your broad brimmed hat at them, or stop to acknowledge each one, you will at least have to answer to the house staff. To these people, you are the lion, the lord and protector.

To your surprise, the staff anticipates your travel weary state. They are calm, collected, quickly making last minute preparations in the rooms and then leaving you and your friends to rest up. Chi Na Na dotes over you a bit but Old Chang leads her way, still talking back at you over her shoulder, after leaving a tray of freshly brewed tea, and assuring you the rooms are ready, and baths are being drawn.

When you awake, there is a note slid under your door Grey. It is an urgent message with instructions to open right away.
    It’s a simple hand written note sealed in wax. It reads:

We need to speak very soon. As few must know we meet as possible. I will wait on the bridge down the road from the gates of Threnody with a lantern tonight. Come to my light. All of you if you must, but discretely. We have a big issue to discuss.
    Signed, D.L.

March 5, 2015 at 3:40 pm #1402

DUN.. DUN… DUUUUNNNNNN!!!!

March 5, 2015 at 8:35 pm #1403

Grey does walk amongst the people of the Estate weaving in and around them speaking casually but striding ever forward towards the Manor.

Once inside the manor He swiftly begins stripping off his road clothes and equipment, dropping them at the feet of an exuberant Neff.
    Promising his crystalline friend in low tones to come down and share stories of his adventures since they last saw each other.
    To a shimmering ghostly Void, fading into view at his silent call, Grey asks her nicely to take care of his equipment and any equipment the others wish to leave in her care.

all the while Listening to the reports of His House Keepers,Old Chang and CHi Na Na. A silent Void hovering nearby.

Once finished and they begin to leave.

Grey steps quickly forward dropping one long fingered hand on Old Chang’s wiry shoulder stopping Him and His Wife, towering over the old couple by two and a half feet or so.

To Old Chang Grey Says ” Please see that these two” Grey points out Jhamba and Bren. before continuing “are settled with one of the Kinships and” Pointing to the old monk “Obada with Zeshin.”
    Looking into Old Chang’s eyes Grey gives his loyal retainer’s shoulder a squeeze and nods his head in appreciation.

Before turning and dropping both hands on Cha na na’s husky shoulders. Grey solemnly bends forward and kisses her on the top of her head, pulls away, whispers to her “Thank You.” and graces her with a rare genuine smile, before turning away once more aloof and walking half way up the grand staircase. He stops and turns to look down on everyone.

“I will be in my room for the rest of the day. I will take my dinner there and a bath as well. I recommend you all do similar. I will see you for breakfast tomorrow. We should have much to discuss.” Grey bows and more or less runs out of view.

Viewing 10 posts - 106 through 115 (of 115 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.